Wednesday, August 31, 2011

worldly possessions -- the third story

"Worldly Possessions" - Limited Edition Giclée Print

A mattress, some dishes, a stove if you were lucky enough to own one, definitely the tarpaulins, and maybe a chair or two. That was all they had room for on the truck besides the family. When you are a migrant family, these become your worldly possessions.

"Worldly Possessions" - 8" x 8" acrylic on cradled wood panel



I knew almost immediately that I wanted to paint this image. To me, the sheer lack of belongings depicted in photograph after photograph of makeshift roadside camps spoke volumes about the plight of the migrant families. I hope you find beauty in the simplicity as much as I do.

Here are stories one and two of my Dust Bowl Glimpses paintings. As always, thank you for stopping by.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment