Monday, October 11, 2010

shorpy finds

Sewing class, New York (circa 1925)

If you love looking at old photographs as much as I do, then you must visit Shorpy. I make frequent visits and here's what I found this morning. Click on the photos to see all the fantastic details.

Government printing office, Washington (Circa 1910)

There's so much to absorb in this photo. I'm particularly enamored with "Col. No.74": those subway tiles, the push-button switches, the cup on a chain and that sign - priceless!


Delicatessen room of the Edelweiss Cafe, Detroit (circa 1912).

The National cash register is spectacular, but it's the butcher paper and twine station that I really want.


Washday, Arizona (circa 1942)

Washday at the Camelback Farm Security Administration camp. The photo says so much.


(all images via Shorpy)

No comments:

Post a Comment