Saturday, March 6, 2010

things most cherished

My great-grandmother's solid birdseye maple rolling pin. And her milk pitcher. The art and countless drawings of horses brought to life by my daughters. Having built my own home. Restoring our current home (turns 100 this year). Past opportunities. Family traditions. Old photographs. New photographs. Heirlooms. A painting by my husband's great aunt. Daughters who are compassionate. Having experienced country living. My multi-cultural, multi-racial family. My easel and paints and brushes. The promise of time to paint and sketch and draw. Dear friends of my daughters. Their parents. Embarking on a photo essay project of my mother's family. Memories of our two trips to China. My 20-year marriage. A supportive network of family and friends. These are just a few of the things I cherish.

Cheers,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. beautifully written. and very much worth cherishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy,
    I praise you for your dedication to what is real and memorable, lovely and cherished. I wait with eager anticipation to see how your blog develops. Your sister, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see your blog! Do you have a picture of your grandmother’s rolling pin? I would LOVE for you to share in on our Muy Bueno FB wall for all to see how our history inspires us ;)

    ReplyDelete